Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Screen Man

Sometimes, it's more about the people we come across than about the junk we find on the curb. I wish that I had taken his picture.
I saw the pile of stuff out for garbage pickup and pulled a quick u-turn. I was approaching the good stuff when he came out of the house. His mustache, teeth and fingernails were all yellowed from years of smoking. He informed me that it was all trash. I informed him that I was interested in the screens. He informed me that there were more in the back. I looked. They were metal. Ugh. He pointed out a green one that hadn't made it to the pile yet. He said, with his smoker's voice, "You can have that ugly ass green one, too, if you want."

He helped me load what you see. I'm not sure who was more entertained by whom.

Reckon he's blogging his friends about the lady who wanted his trash?

Happy Day!
~Mindy



13 comments:

  1. He's probably thinking what I've heard some voice to me when I stop for their "trash". Why in the world would you that (blank) ..... What ya gona du wit it? ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what your going to do with them!! jojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. jojo, truth be known, what I am going to do with them is, maybe dust them off, slap a low price on them and sell them at the store. I am not a very innovative person. But, I have seen screens used to frame old pictures, and to hang earrings from. Maybe someone will buy them from me and do something cool with them. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what are you going to create with these screens? I can't wait to see.

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny. People think we junkers are crazy, when in fact I think we are the sane ones Ü.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't ya just hate it when they come out just as you're "borrowing" from the trash pile? You should have asked if he had any old sheds he wanted cleaned out! I do love the name of that paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugly ass green would look good on a deer blind. Of course, you'd have to replace the screen with camouflage shoot-thru mesh.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One man's trash...

    Hey, and I'm finally going to a neighbouring town to trash shop tomorrow! So excited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so funny! I think there are many people who think junkers are out of their minds...but who cares??? This was a great story! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's that saying.."One Mans Trash Is Another Mans Treasure" or in your case "Another Gals Treasure". I love junking on trash day...too cool!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the first time I got up the nerve to "borrow" someone's trash. The lady came out of her house and said "help yourself, we were hoping someone would stop by before the garbage man came". I felt so much better knowing she was glad her trash would have a new home. I would have snagged those screens too. BTW I got my package today and absolutely love everything. I will be posting pics when I get my act together. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I painted my kitchen ugly ass green two years ago. I wonder if it was the same brand he used.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ugly ass screen.
    great find Mindy.
    Margo

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!