Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Buyer's Remorse - SOLD

Update. The sofa sold after someone heard the rumblings of parting it out. She's a purist, like me. It will continue to live it's life as a sofa for now. Yea!

Y'all know that I embrace imperfection. I, somehow, thought someone else would too, when I bought this white, wicker sofa for resale. It sits beautifully! Comfy. Sound. Nice lines.

Yes, it has flaws. But, remember? It's sound. Great lines. Cool color, even! Can't go wrong with white.

Yes, it needs good cushions. Easy fix at Pier 1. But, would you fall for it?

Buyer's remorse? Yes. This thing needs to go. You Texas folks are invited to make an offer. Come get it. No offense can be taken. Please, I am begging. David offered me money to throw it in the trash. I think it is worthy of a home. NOT a trash can! I'll take the highest offer, ending tomorrow at 6pm, Texas time. I guess you'll have to leave it in the comment. Seriously. Let's get this thing loaded up into your truck, asap. We'll start the bidding at $20. Yes, I paid, uh, considerably more. But, let's start there. I'm willing. Are you?


So, have you ever bought something that you felt "stuck" with? Share. Share.

Happy Day!
~Mindy

17 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and has such potential! I hope you find a good home for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone! Sorry, but I am so glad that someone else makes those Oops buys. I probably would have done the same thing. jojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a sucker when it comes to wicker, you should see my back porch, FULL. Did I say full and my husband said NO MORE WICKER!! If I didn't think he'd know I'd buy it in a heart beat! Hope you find it a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There will be a train attached to me when I go to Heaven of all my "what was I thinking" buys. I can't make an offer. I'm always afraid I'll either offend someone or be to high. Why don't you set it in and let the bidding begin! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya, Debbie. Let's start it at $20. Can I get a $20? Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I don't think it's that bad. If I lived in TX, I'd definitely buy it for $20.

    I regret more of what I've sold than what I've bought.

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is a piece I see painted a robin egg blue or light grassy green color. So sweet! Trust me girl, I'd be starting the bidding if I was out your way. When you offer free delivery to Ohio, let me know! I'm sure it will find a good home though.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Honey, we all have "sucker" written on our foreheads. I'm sure someone will take it off your hands. It has potential!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you could part it out. Anyone need springs? I think it has 36 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The springs alone are worth $20, I sell springs with little terra cotta pots in them for $4 each, there must be at least 5 of those in there! Sorry I live in California, good luck, it really isn't bad, just needs the right home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's an idea. First you take the springs off. Then you have everyone send you $5.00 along with their guess of how many seconds the wicker will last on a bonfire. After the fire, whoever guessed the closest without going over gets the springs mailed to them.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got a better idea, David. Let's pose Cat Daddy on it and say for $5.00 they can have their picture taken with him. You'd do the photography, right? Make that couch pay for itself!!! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. We can do the bonfire right after the last picture is taken with Cat Daddy. I'm loving this! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, David has a great idea....part it out!! I can't tell you how many times my dear business partner has parted things out OR we've broken something and sold the chunks. And guess what! Most the time we do better than if we sold it whole!! Of course my husband thinks we are going to get arrested!!!! But so far we haven't had to dip our fingers in ink!
    marcie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No bidders yet. Check this out...wouldn't the back make a great headboard? hmmm ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous!! Someone could do cushions with a "dust ruffle" on the front and you'd never see the missing wicker! Come on, gals! THis thing is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!