Monday, April 19, 2010

Springer Chairs

With spring springing all around, I find that change is happening both outside and inside my home. Remember the chairs I purchased last week? Troy with Junk Exchange got me all educated about these circa 1935 chairs. They are Kem Weber Springer armchairs. Can you imagine how many folks have enjoyed these chairs in the last 75 years?

The style of the chairs is entirely new for me and my home. My decor must adjust. And this, people, is the fun part! Change isn't always bad.

My den went from this:

2010February2_My Home 007
To this:
My Living Room
I'm still playing. Shopping in my own home (and Primitiques) has been fun, but, I may have to go buy some new-to-me pieces. A taller chrome table in the corner, maybe. A different rug? What do you think? Keep the mirror on the left? Or go with a frameless mirror for cleaner, more modern lines?
My Living Room
The tiki man on the right may go. Maybe a cow pelvis hanging on the wall?
My Living Room
So far, so good. (See the missing arm on the chair on the left? No fear. I'll have it soon.)

Now that these chairs have joined the family, it's hard to get anything done. All I want to do is sit and spring up and down. I'll just be sitting here, comfortably waiting for your input. Take your time.

Happy Monday!
~Mindy

13 comments:

  1. Okay - I'm all for cleaner more modern lines - so I say - go frameless! Dang... sounds like an eyewear commercial. Okay - tiki man rocks but I can absolutely see the pelvis on your wall! LOL

    I think the rug is tooooo small maybe? You know those creamy/fuzzy rugs? You need one of those - but maybe under the chairs in front of your fireplace to highlight the chairs instead of the table? And it would be a great "huh" texture mixed with the modern/retro. Oh!!! Or a cowhide rug! And your diamond plate shelves? Those would TOTALLY rock as floating shelves - either side.

    If I'm ever in the vicinity of those chairs I'm SO making them jump and spring... just to say that i did. LOLOL

    Whatever you have as your end result will be 110% dynamic - I know this.

    ;-) Have FUN!!!
    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly, i don't think you need my input! you're doing a great job all on your own! love the chairs, love the look and can't wait to love what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chairs look great in your home in front of your fireplace. I like how you have changed the room to fit the personality of the chairs.
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome chairs, can't wait to see what you come up with next!!! Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you've done and I like the mirror, but don't take any decorating advice from me. Seriously.

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised by how comfortable the chairs are. Even though the cushions are relatively firm, the spring in the framing makes up for it. You've done a wonderful job in decorating, love! I like the mirror with the frame, although it might be better if it were silver to compliment the chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mindy
    Looks like you are having a lot of fun not matter what the look! The chairs are awesome and I don't think you need any help, you are doing great.
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those chairs are AWESOME! You certainly don't need any decorating advice...this looks GREAT! What a change. It looks so much cozier and warm. Great Job.
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mindy

    Those chairs totally rock! I love how you change things up:) Happy junking!jojo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mixing it up is a blast! Those chairs are not only way stylish, they also look way fun, too!
    Keep playing, we love seeing the results!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chairs are fabuous, Mindy. Real lounge lizard cool! Have fun mixing it up, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!