Thursday, April 16, 2009

Junk Pile Thursday

Today, I was driving to work, talking to my friend Mayron on the phone, when what to my wondering eyes should appear? A Big Ole Junk Pile! On the curb. Free for the pickin'. I think Mayron was saying something very important when I said "I'm at a junk pile. Gotta go." She said "Bye." That's the kind of friend Mayron is. No further discussion necessary.
Of course, I took pictures before I loaded everything. I had to share! Now, I don't know why, but I like these wood circles. What would you do with them?
And this chandelier had a good price on it. Ok. It wasn't priced. It was free. A junk pile. Remember? FREE!
And how bout this crazy pink shelf? Actually, it may be more of a rack. I'm not at all sure. And I didn't examine it that closely. Will have to do that!
Funky lines. Funky color. Funky everything. Funky and FREE!
Mayron, I'll call you later!

Happy Thursday!
~Mindy

12 comments:

  1. Free is wonderful!
    Love, love, love the chandelier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wood circles are then ends of spools for electrical wire and/or cable. I don't know what you can do with them, though.

    The shelf unit is very unusual. Congrats on the finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too cool! I think I nneed to get out more and find my own junk piles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet pile-o-junk! I scored today at a thrift store--(not free, but paid less than 1/2 of what I was willing to pay!) I haven't taken pictures yet. The round wood pieces are from cable spools and they make awesome tabletops--use some furniture wax on them, add some wheels or chunky legs and voila--coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy,
    Oh! wow, how much fun. Free great! you can not go wrong. The circles: a tray (put some handles on it), a platter for a candle (very large one), put glass knobs on the bottom of it) for a small tray for tea cups and tea pot. To cute, I like rustic with fancy crystal or china. Have fun, it,s free. One more, hang it on a wall with old photos on it.... Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! I may wax one and throw a cloche on it with something super funky inside. Maybe I'll play around with some of your ideas and do a post on it tomorrow. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best kind of junk is FREE! Cute rack I like it. I love the no explaination needed. Happy Junking! jojo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a great "free" haul. Bec4 hit the same ideas I was going to say...you are my kinda a girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Free is always a good price!

    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!