Friday, April 3, 2009

Tips, Tricks and Pics

I've got a few tips I'd like to share with you regarding big, outdoor antique shows that are held in cow pastures and the like.

Here's a little check list of things to have on hand. Chapstick. Hand wipes. Debbie and Malissa will tell you that you need some good sunglasses. Malissa also recommends cold beer.
Debbie and Malisa

Hat. Uh huh. Keeps your hair from flying and if you choose wisely, it's a conversation piece and fashion statement. And good walking shoes. Check out Maggie's skull and roses boots. Maggie also recommends cold beer.
Maggie
You will want your camera, fer shure! Amy will tell ya to bring on the big lens.
Amy

Deb likes a big lens, too.
Debbie

What else do you need? You will certainly want a Wonder Wheeler. Sorry. No pictures of Staci and I pushing them...I cannot tell you how many people stopped us to inquire where we had gotten our Rolls Royce Carts. I bought a couple of these all terrain carts about 8 years ago and they have paid for themselves 20 times over. They store so much, reducing your runs to the truck to empty. Google. Do your own research. Read amazon reviews. Here is the newest deluxe model. These things are amazing. And, you too, can be the envy of all the other shoppers!

Vintage Shade Pull necklace. Another fashion statement with function. You know when you walk in and out of tents and you are constantly taking your sunglasses off? Simply slide the arm of your glasses through the pull loop. Easy to keep up with. And I think the necklace is darling! Don't you? Staci has one on in this picture. Debbie loves to mug for the camera!
Debbie and Staci
If you don't bring your friends with ya, well, just come to the Blog Party and you'll find plenty! I think everyone here would recommend a cold beer!
Blog Group Shot
One last thing. Bring your smile! Two of my very good friends got to meet each other at the show. Mayron and Staci. They have great smiles, eh?
Mayron and Staci
Now, I promised y'all that I would take lots of pictures. Wanna see 'em all? Well, click right HERE and enjoy! By the way, it's not too late. Zapp's show doesn't end until Saturday afternoon. Book your flight and come on!

Happy Friday!
~Mindy

4 comments:

  1. Nice pics! I had so much fun meeting everyone. I absolutely wore Lurch out! We have been recuperating since. I am so glad I wasn't the only one recommending cold beer! Whew!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wild bunch of antiquers! Looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips, Mindy. Love seeing what a good time everyone was having down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You my friend are the sweetest! So glad you found a new home and will be at Zapp, can't wait for the show to start again even though I'm so dang tired!!

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!