Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Primitiques Photography

Most of you know that my boyfriend, David, is a wonderful photographer. He had a little fun at Primitiques this last weekend, while I was pricing my latest goodies. This one he calls "Snake Oil."
snake oil
I don't know what he did with the lighting in this next picture, but, I really like it. I have named my dress form Lucy. Seems fitting, doesn't it? I'm going to be a touch sad when someone buys her (but, I'll get over it). She adds a lot of personality to the store!
Lucy
David took this next picture and named it "Grate Concrete Planters." Clever, eh? If you would like to peruse his flickr account, click HERE.
grate planters
I took this picture of the baby crib. That bed had not been made 5 minutes before Miss Kitty came for a catnap.
Baby Bed
This morning, I worked more on preparing for the Roadkill Chili Cookoff coming up. No fears, my readers. While the evite does say "Pull out your favorite recipe, scrape somethin' off the road, and let's chow! " As far as I know, we've only had beef, venison, chicken and turkey. Who knows what this year will bring! I'll take pics as things progress.

Happy Tuesday!
~Mindy

9 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy , David takes great photos. It really is an art but I hope with practice my skills get better. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that you are a BRAVE, BRAVE woman! Invite East Texas folks to cook road kill...and they cook road kill!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bed would be perfect in our second living area for the kids to watch TV from. Now, all I have to do is move out all the crap from the second living area...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, did you want to pick it up or do you want it shipped? *wink*

    Sue, David has taught me to use the same eye for photography as I do for decorating a space. It works for me.

    Maylisa, so...if you come, what would you bring???

    ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kitty has the right idea~ love the bed, it would be full of cats at my house.~Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  6. David is super talented and the photos are wonderful. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the belt on Lucy. I just missed a "Lucy" at the last garge sale I went to, when I asked about her she was already sold. She could be Lucy's sister!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! Witt's aunt Annalee here, it was my pleasure to meet you in Warrenton. I was the one at the cash register taking orders.
    Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for all your prayers and thanks for the reminder to sign our posts. In the beginning when someone forgot to sign their name at the bottom of a post they wrote I would add it for them. I've forgotten to do that over the months though so I went back and did at least the most recent ones. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stuff, Mindy! I do love that perfectly shabby metal bed.

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!