Thursday, October 30, 2008

House Rules

For years, I have had a rule in my house regarding decorating. Whatever comes in my house to stay, must be either old or art. That is it. If it's new, there better be something artistic about it, or it doesn't stay long. This includes furniture and decor. Where does this become difficult? Gifts. People who don't know my rules and give me new, shiny, cute stuff. You would be surprised how many ways you can look at something and finally figure out something "artsy" about it! But, it probably won't last long in my house.

Of course, now would be a good time to show you a lot of pictures of my house. But, I don't have much today. Here is one David took in my kitchen.




We'll make this a two-parter. Come back for more pics in the next couple days.

1 comment:

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!