Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birthday Washstand

This washstand was in my folks' garage the week before my birthday. I walked into the house with a big smile on my face. "I know what I want for my birthday!" Dad just thought he was going to put it in an auction, after probably buying it from someone for $10. I foiled that plan and he played along. Yea, Dad! I did have an old European buffet in my dressing area and I wanted a change.

No worries, the mirror isn't staying. I'm playing around with that. What do you think? An oversized mirror that covers the area above and below the bar? Just above the bar? Only as wide as the piece? Or is wider ok? Or should I strive for narrower? This is a task! Opinions are needed.
I might be defiling the piece just a bit by placing my necklaces on the linen bar. But, it works!
See the earring holder? That is one of those picture holding tree things that came out a few years ago. I'm not sure I'm crazy about it, but it works for the earrings and keeps 'em organized. I do like that.

Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. World, meet dad.

    Dad, meet the world.

    This is the picture you should use to make a magazine cover!

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!