Monday, September 1, 2008

Finer Quality Junk

Our trip to west Texas was quite enjoyable. I seem to have developed a case of vertigo, which is virtually like a free roller coaster ride. Good times!

On our way back home today, we hit Sweetwater and stopped at a nice little shop which touted that they have "Finer Quality Junk". Well, you just have to appreciate that humor! I picked up a couple things there and then we headed to Baird. I had heard this was a nice place for antiquing. We did get to peruse a few shops on the strip. Some were closed for the holiday and others, it seems are closed for good. I still managed to pick up a thing or two and then we headed home.

Have you ever been so inspired that you couldn't sleep? Last night, I got an idea in my head about a new window display and I tossed and turned thinking about it. If I can get over this vertigo, I'll head up to the store, do some quick work of it and snap some pics. Let me just tease you with this...oil cans and cow bells. Hmmmm...

4 comments:

  1. Vertigo! It’s an old acquaintance of mine. Notice I didn’t say friend. A physical therapist treated me a year ago for it, and I haven’t had an attack since. I’m so glad you weren’t driving and had a good time anyway. Meanwhile, sleep as upright as possible and swallow motion sickness pills as recommended. Poor baby.

    The Texas Woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It's the result of a tooth that doesn't want to be in my head anymore. It's causing inflamation and pressure on my inner ear. I've had two root canals on this tooth, and it now, will most likely be pulled. Yee Haw! Yes. Antivert will be my friend. When I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care of you, love the site!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check my blog. I awarded you a heart.

    The Texas Woman

    http://thetexaswoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!