Monday, October 12, 2009

Changes

On November 2, 2008, I blogged that I wanted to make some changes in my kitchen. It took almost a year, but the change bug bit me this weekend and change happened. Here are some pics of how it's been: I'd call it an Old Country style kitchen. Old utensils. Old salt & pepper shakers. Egg scales, cracker box, thermos. You get the picture. Old kitchen. The shelf over my windows was cluttered with it. The hutch was cluttered with it. Over the sink, there was another shelf with an old s&p collection. I liked it. For years.
David's Christmas pic 019
I didn't take before pictures, so I had to dig some up. Ignore the people. k?
David's Christmas pic 014

So, here's what is happening now:
2009October10_New Kitchen 003
Kitchen
The shelf above the windows? Gone. The wood table was traded for a glass top table. A small metal bench was brought in, along with the white, chippy metal chair. I'll bring in one more metal chair to round it out. White sheers were added. They were knotted, since they are a touch short. I'll switch those out soon.

Hutch with Silver

The clutter in the hutch was replaced with silver.2009October11_House & Stuff 003
Talk about change! I keep walking in there and staring. Of course, I move a silver piece or two every time I'm in there. It's not just right, yet.

What do you think about it so far?

More changes are happening in my house, but this is all I have to share today.

Happy Monday!
~Mindy


15 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! That's a change. I love it!! It looks fresh and bright and clean. It didn't look dirty before...not what I meant, but it's...uhm...don't have the right words. It's just great! You've done a super nice job.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! It was cute before but just seems more relaxing and simple now. The silver is really pretty ... you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love where you are going with this. Can't wait to see more. I also need to de-clutter sometimes, it feels so good.
    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I love this post and I love what you're doing with your kitchen...it's evolving....and I have a feeling I am going to LOVE it when you're done....Now, having said that, you should know that my kitchen resembles your before pics...and I am ready for a change too! Thanks for leading the way!
    Take care, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love it Mindy, it's so much more "you". Have fun tweaking your beautiful new room!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love the new old look, mindy:) white, silver, simple - it is lovely. please post more photos as you go!

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you're doing to your kitchen, Mindy. Looks great! And keep the photos coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how our styles evolve, don't you? I too have taken a more streamlined approach to my decor but there's still something missing. Oh, yeah. That table of yours. Love it! Great job.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking really good, honey. I have no idea about the salt and pepper shelf above the sink window last Christmas. I looked at my EXIF on the photo you asked me about and it was posted to Flickr the day after being taken without any processing at all. In other words, it's straight off the camera. Not to mention I would have remembered if I photoshopped it. (Which I would have no reason to.) Are you SURE there was a shelf there then? If so, that's really weird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! It's a new venture, this minimalistic decorating. I've always been a clutterer. So, it might take some time to figure out how to Mindy-fy it. ha! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mindy - your new look is so cool - and evolving style is a good thing! I'm doing the same thing in my home - bit-by-bit...baby steps, right?

    Can't wait to see how it all comes together - but love the white, silver, etc...!

    Kathy

    P.S. LOVE the bench!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way you "Mindy-fied" it. I like the clean and crisp look of white and silver. Remember you are a "junk artist" and you can change it to whatever you love, whenever you want...there ARE NO rules...isn't that just the coolest thing?
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete

I smile when I see each new comment. Ideas, acknowledgements, sharing. Your words are always appreciated. Thank you!